What do yall think the diffrence is b/w a southern mother and a northern mother?

Honestly I dont care where you are from....Ima country bumpkin myself from SOUTH CAkAKALAKY....but reading some posts lol got me thinking about this question me and a friend of mine use to debate..she is from newyork and swears up and down that people from the north are raised diffrently from the south? I told her well look there is city and there is some country everywhere so what do you mean? she never really could explain it so I thought maybe I would ask yall...Please don't be hateful or rude........

BBKMommy

Asked by BBKMommy at 6:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think there is much of a difference as far as location but more of how you were raised yourself that plays a bigger role in how you are a mother to your children.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't know that I can really give an educated answer on this since I can only give one side of the debate. I myself am from North Cakalak. lol. The location probably doesn't make much of a difference. Some southerners live in town and some live in the country. I live in the country on a large piece of land and I let my kids play outside while I watch them from the window. I wouldn't do that if I lived in the city. In the Summer and Fall, I feed my children vegetables picked from the garden that day. If I lived in the city, I may not have that choice. My children have chores that include feeding the dogs and watering the horses and chickens. I'm rambling. I will stop now.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 7:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Proud ARkie here...the following is not bashing yankees (lol) but just MO:

I think Southern moms demand more loving-respect from thier kids. Like, we don't JUST want to be respected, we demand love too...how many of us got a whipping and then had to hug the whipper? LOL...and southern moms also tell you how much they love you WHILE whipping you. LOL

Also, I think we as a group are more overweight, b/c we show love with food. We cook with the 2 L's (love and lard) and anytime theres company, a funeral/wedding/shower, or even just when your friends come over...food is out! I don't think northern moms put as much importance on the mealtime experiance.

And I think we have more trust in ourselves when it comes to how we've raised our kids. Or maybe we trust the town to let us know if our kid is acting up out of our sight. LOL..Southern moms are more likely to let thier kids go off in groups that don't come home til dark...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i hate to say this cause i am from the north but i think in the south manners are just expected its not optional and in the north are kids are not so polite my son is raised with manners but most kids i see around here are lacking in the manners area and also seems sotherns dont push there kids as much they let them be kids for a while and dont like do flash cards at 2 months old where as in the north every preschool has a ciriulum and "education style" its just all part of the keeping up with the jones mentality that rules up here lol
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I'm an Arkie mom too and I think the difference is that here in the south we're more laid back. Not such a drive to outdo every other kid and your ok just letting your kid be a kid.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2009