I need help with my hyper son

I am having trouble controling my almost 4yr old son. He is so hyper that I just dont know what to do anymore. I have tryed everything that I can think of from time-out, sticker charts, rewards, lists of special jobs for him, even the ticket jar that I have seen used on nanny 911. I am at my wits end with him. He is a very smart kid he knows right from wrong and when you well him not to do something he will stand there and push you until you are ready to explode from having to tell him no dont do that stop hittng your sister. When he is making me mad and he is enjoying himself its like he almost has an evil look on his face that says lets see how far I can push her until she goes nuts. Butwhat hurts me the most is that he listens to his dad better than he does to me and I am with the him.(dating the dad). So its not like he never gets to see him or anything like that. So PLEASE HELP ME! I really need some new ideas. Thanks!

Amyjo1246

Asked by Amyjo1246 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• the only thing i can ask is have u stuck to the punishments for his behavior? I belive in popping a child on the behind...thats what i have to do with my son because he is constantly trying to tear my house apart lol and i take toys away from him that he likes to play with make him stay in time out and if he gets up make him sit there longer....Are u the mother is that what u mean by 'dating the dad' or u have a guy in ur life ur dating and ur children look at him like the father? I didnt really understand that part lol
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 7:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I'm a mom who spanks. You should try it. If it doesn't work take away every toy and fun thing he has. Send him to his room for a while. Also you could try talking to his pediatrician if you're really at your wits end. Maybe he can provide some insight.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My son is really wild too. Some kids have poor impulse control, don't let it worry you into feeling like he is bad or something is wrong with him.  Also some kids really don't care if you yell at them and even seem to like it.   Have you tried really vigorous activity? I need (or the babysitter or my husband) to take my son for 1-2 hours of physical activity every day to keep his energy and impulses under control. Try that out if you haven't yet. Don't let it drive you too far up the wall, I know that having a really active child can be a little hard but my personal opinion is there is no reason to hit him because he has extra energy or hasn't developed enough maturity to control himself yet.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009