What drew you to the faith that you follow?

How does your faith ring true to you and your life compared to all others?
For me it was when I was at my lowest living in despair and loneliness.I was given insight and told it was not too late.In other words I was shown where the path I chose was leading me and I was assured I still had time to change.Thank you Jesus.
Once I made the first step to help myself.God has been here and helped me with everything since.It is really hard to help someone who will not even help themselves.I should know because I used to be that someone.

Alize26

Asked by Alize26 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not any non believer took the time to explain their faith to me. So I feel like they may not even know.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I was raised ini my religion.....but often worried weather I was really saved or not but....my mother always told me that I would just feel it and oh boy one day i did..here ill tell you this story..
    after i had my second child i got really bad post partum depression or so the drs called it i cried all of the time and my biggest thing was i thought i was going to hell well the only thing that made me feel better was having the Holy Bible in my hands so i carried it around with me all of the time....well after 2 weeks of straight nothing but crying and thinking about religion and thinking i was going to hell i got my husband to take me to the er when i was in the waiting room there was a lady in there who asked if i was crying because the baby was sick which he wasnt and my husband just kinda shook his head yeah.....well when they got me back there in the room about 10 mins later the lady came in the door and asked me mam do u
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 7:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• mind if i pray with you and i told her no of course not. she placed her hands on my shoulders and prayed for me like she knew everything i was going through she told me she hoped everything went okay and left the room and i never saw her again after that well the doctor come in and said i had ppd and that he was going to give me zoloft i told him i needed nerve pills i was so edgy and frantic i was a pshycotic crying woman seriously so he gave me adavan...well my husband asked him how long it will take to take effect and he said well it depends someimes a few weeks months or a year or more and wanted me to get mental help well the next day i woke up and DIDNT CRY A SINGLE BIT AFTER THAT DIDNT THINK I WAS GOING TO HELL OR NOTHING..that night i was sitting in the recliner and i prayed for God to come in my heart I had an amazing feeliing come over me and ever since i have had God in my life a lot more I am baptist and i believe
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 7:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• god sent me either and angel or my guardian angel and i think that he was pressing on my heart to get myself right Thank God I listened......I know its a lot to read but i just thought i would share that story its one of the most amzing moments in my life
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 7:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It just makes sense to me above any others.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My path brings me peace and makes sense to me. It may not be what floats other peoples boat but it is not for everyone.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I never felt right with any one religion. And i studied up on a lot of different ways to worship. So, when i found out there was a term for how i take bits and peices from all religions (Agnostic), I felt good knowing that I was doing the right thing for me.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think it was after someone told me that dogs did not have souls.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 7:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It had answers to things Id always wondered about but were told were unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
    It made sense, it made me feel complete and happy.
    It made me feel more spiritual then Id ever felt before.

It felt right.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The fact that He loves me unconditionally is what led me to receive Him as my Lord and Savior.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009