Question about the mucus plug...

do you spot when it starts to form or whatever it does.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was clueless about this when I had my son. I was induced and hooked up to an IV, I had to use the restroom. A nurse luckily escorted me there cause when I stood up from the toilet I had a huge bloody blob running down my leg(down past my knees). She told me it was the mucus plug. It was so humiliating. I really hope other women's experience wasn't as mortifying as mine!
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 7:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You have it in there already. It just falls out when you start to dialate. You could go into labor at that time, or it can take up to 2 weeks..but its a good sign of labor..For me it fell out 9 hrs before I went into labor...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ok when you get pregnant you form a mucus plug (thats why you dont have a period) what i want to know is...is it possible to spot when it is forming?
    Anonymous

• I never spotted, no. That doesn't mean it can't happen.
    Anonymous