Could it be

Could it be nightmares my 2yr old wakes up sometimes screaming

Mamaof2010

Asked by Mamaof2010 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son does that all the time. Even my little girl and she is 6 months old. I believe that they are night terrors.
    foreveryours66

Answer by foreveryours66 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think the same thing all 3 of my kids do it. Make sure they dont watch nething scary and try to read them a good childrens story to go to bed..thats seemed to have helped my night time screamers
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 7:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• or is it becuase i started him sleeping in his own room 3weeks ago
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Mamaof2010...it could be a combination of both. He may be a little scared of sleeping in a big room all alone. I know that our 2 year old has bad dreams and I often go into his room and comfort him until he is ready to go back to sleep, but they have always slept in their own rooms and beds after about 6 months of age.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 7:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• not mine he has always slept in our room up till 3 weeks ago...i had to put my daughters crib up and thats y i switch him but he normally wakes up around 6am when his sister wakes up and come into my room and i leave him becuase its 6am and he will wake up in an hour anywahy
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 8:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Sounds like he's having trouble transitioning to his own room AND big boy bed. That's a lot for a two year old to handle at once. Just keep putting him back in his own bed, give him a special stuffed animal to cuddle, rub his back, etc. He'll adjust. If he comes in with you at 6a.m. I don't see a problem with that at all.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• its not a problem...i was just woundering what it could be
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My son got a new bed and we put spongebob sheets on it. Well during the day he was fine but he'd cry at night and want to come into our room. This went on for 3 weeks. We thought it was nightmares. Turned out it was the face of spongebob on the sheet and he thought spongebob was biting him.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• oh
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Check out this website: www.askdrsears.com it has a section on nightmares and night terrors. It gives you all the signs for each one and how to treat each. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 14, 2009