What should I use on my lips? I picked them too much.

I have a bad habit of picking at my lips and I picked too much this time. I picked the skin off. What can I use to help heal it?

san-1

Asked by san-1 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Health

• Neosporin if you picked it enough to bleed--believe me, I do the same thing (its a nervous habit) and when it gets bad enough that it scabs, you need to make sure that it doesn't get infected. I have learned to have a tube of chapstick EVERYWHERE in my house, my car, and in my purse and diaper bag. My husband loves to tease me about it, but I have found that for me, if I have something to put on my lips, I avoid biting them.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• vasaline...just the kind in the big tube....you can also take a put some neosporin pain relief stuff to help the pain lol i know it can get a bit aggravating just rub it in good dont eat or drink nething untill it has wore off and then put some regular vasaline on it
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 7:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Carmex
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009