Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

school district question

ok so i am so sick and tired of passaic schools and i really want to send my sons to a better school- i feel like thes teachers are acting like glorified baby sitters- so the question is- if i wanted to send my kids to a school in the next town over (they have som many better programs and the test grades are great) how would i go about it(legally) Ive heard that u can send ur child to another districts school just by paying a small fee or tuition- has anyone done this and about how much is that fee? thanks

Answer Question

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 12 (759 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • You need to contact the school district to which you wish to send your son. Ask your questions of them...

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • depends where you live. here there is no fee, i am going through the same thing, you have to request a pupil placement and it may or may not get aproved

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • if you send them to a school out of your district, you have to pay tuition. also, you have to be responsible for getting your kids to and from school since there wouldnt be a bus going out of that schools district.

    at least that is here. i would contact the school district you want your kids to attend and let them know what is going on. They should be able to answer your questions.

    Answer by aly38914290 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • In our county you have to get written permission from the county you want to leave and then permission from the county you want to go to. If you are wanting to stay within your county, but change schools, you have to apply for Out of Area. Sometimes principles will take out of area kids and sometimes the classrooms are full and they cannot take another one. I would say that if there are any forms to fill out that now might be the time to check into. Good Luck!

    Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 6:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.