If you are a Christian can you honestly say..............

As a Christian can you honestly say that you are completely prepared for Rapture? In other words have you completely reached your full Christian maturity? Honestly I cannot claim that.Not in this point in my life.Also if you are like me are you taking steps to become more prepared? For it is written...Enter through the narrow gate.For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction,and many will enter through it.But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life,and only few will find it.
Mathew 5:45 13-14

Alize26

Asked by Alize26 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont think anyone is ever TRULY ready. There is never a peak in spiritual maturity for when we stop growing in Christ we begin to fall away. For me I just strive to be better and better with each passing day and to walk in his footsteps knowing I am perfectly imperfect
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i know what your saying i really am not prepared and honestly it makes me nervous feeling this way. i have been having alot of dreams latly about it happening so it makes it worse !!
    Anonymous

• No-one will reach their maturity fully when the rapture comes. From what I am seeing today and listening to the end times teachings... I will be making steps to be prepared. It is not as far away as we think.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• no one can say that they have reach full christian maturity. we allways lear we allways grow, but i have given my life to god and am living it for him, so i have no fears or doubts about going to heaven.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Do not fear of not being ready. Strive to be ready,and it will be done. For it is written...
    "when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else,I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." Jeremiah 29:13
    Or....Some of these people have missed the most important thing in life-they don't know God.
    1 Timothy 6: 21 LB
    Hope this helps.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• oh and am I ready... I will be at the right time.. right now I am being made ready for I am here for such a time as this !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have to say I do not think any of you ladies are wrong. You all have answered correctly. It shows true strong faith.just my opinion. God bless you all.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It is also said it takes time to reach maturity.It does not happen over night,but through time.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i am a Christian but i dont believe in the Rapture. the religion i grew up in doesn't teach it. i do believe Jesus will come back someday (prolly not in my lifetime), but i don't believe that Revelation is to be taken literally. to be honest i am not sure if what ive been told about the Rapture is true b/c its hard to trust what someones said about it when they don't believe in it :)

As a Christian i feel that i am prepared for Christ to return, but i am far from complete maturity. but i am working on it!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Christian maturity is not what gets you into heaven. I think everyone should be trying to head in that direction though. Too many people sit around and "claim" to be Christian because that's what they were raised. They don't think they have to do anything to get there. I don't think doing good works gets you into heaven either, but I do think it's important to hold a relationship with Christ. When you start having a relationship with Him, you'll grow in your maturity.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009