Does the love of a child outweigh the stress of them?

I love my child but why does everything have to be stressful? The whining and tantrums and not listening makes me wonder sometimes why do people have kids! Anybody else ever feel this way? Somedays I would love to have my old life back!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• LOL x 1,000! Sometimes... Just wait until they are teens. Babies and toddlers are a breeze compared to teens!!
    Anonymous

• Yes, sometimes it does. but then I realize that a lot of the stress is all about ME. My kids are just along for the ride. Its all on how you approach and handle the situations. Some people handle stress better than others. I just have to remind myself to slow down.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Wait wait....I didnt mean YES the stress outweighs my love.....lol......I reread my post.

I ment yes sometimes its stressfull........lol....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Hello Yes. I have been feeling this way for a while! I Have a Newborn and a Two and 1/2 year old and My Husband works Out of Town!!! I'm loosing my mind! I know it will get better! I love them more than myself but sometimes you do get frustrated and just want to run away! I think ALL Moms feel like this from time to time! You just have to sit back and look at hoe blessed you truly are to have them! ....one day you will be getting them ready for their wedding and you can NEVER get this time back.....

Mrs.Smith84

Answer by Mrs.Smith84 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think just about everyone feels that way at times. It starts with the tantrums and whining, then turns into eyerolling and attitute. It's enough to drive a mother mad. You are not alone. But, when you watch your child sleeping or when they're hurt and you are the first one they run too, all of that stress melts away. You remember that this is a person you would give your own life for.
    nowhinning

Answer by nowhinning at 8:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with mom2twobabes. Kids develop and grow. All phases have their pluses and minuses. There will always be "stressful" things. But, if you anticipate them, and experiment to see what works for both of you to minimize whatever's stressing you, then you can feel a little more control. That might be part of your stress....you feel out of control. Just take it a day at a time.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i agree with nowhinning. i feel like running away at times, my dd age 11 is gonna be the death of me and my 3 year old has so much enegry i get tired watching him. my dh works and gets home AFTER the kids are in bed. and is gone before they get up. not to mention i help his x wife with there 2 girls ages 10 and 9 and sometimes boy can they fight. so there yelling 3 year old is running fast as he says and yelling at the same time. dogs barking and gee look at that..cats going into heat lol. ohhh and the phone wont shut up! people wonder why we want to run, but all in all when its qiuet and there sleeping so cute and i would give them up for anything. we all feel like that somedays. calgone take me away!
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i wouldnt.. thats what its supose to say lol. im tired.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• lol My kids drive me crazy! I have 3 and love them to pieces. I've recently learned to ignore the whinning and such to an extent.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2009