What to do..

Okay so im 17 and a single mom. My DSs dad is not in the picture. I am wondering Is it out for me to start dating again do you think.. or no because i dont want my ds to get confused because im still so young i doubt i will be with someone i meet now for the rest of my life. Im just afraid of him resenting me for having more then one man in his whole life...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I would say you have your priorities out of whack girl. What you need to do is concentrate on either going to school or getting a good job to support your child you have now. Your attititude about doubting you will be with one person sucks... If you feel the time is right to go out and date, you should have all the other priorities taken care of. Are you working, are you in school, can you support your current child, do you have adequate health and dental insurance of the kid, do you live on your own? If not to any of these, you shouldn't be thinking about going out and making more babies you cannot support.
    Anonymous

• All I can say is that if you do start dating again, don't be so quick to introduce your son to the person you're dating. The same rule applies to older divorced people too. It's just not wise because children can be so easy to attach to someone and you wouldn't want that if that person isn't going to be around for long or at all. Good luck, I hope you figure out what you want to do.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• To anon. I am going to school full time and I live with my parents who help support my son and i until i graduate from high school, on June 15th! I will be a CNA(certified nursing assistant) And I will then be paying rent to my parents till im through with college in two years in those two years i will be earning my RN(registered nurse). So as far as my priorities are concerned i think im okay. And thank you boizmom that help unlike criticizing answers
    Anonymous

• AND upon reading your stupid answer I must say yes i have health insurance for my son...and i wouldnt be making more babies, its people like you that make people disrespect other people.
    Anonymous

• You dont think your going to stay with your next SO forever? Honey, Isnt dating about finding that special someone. So there is a possibility if you get your shit straight that you could find someone thats nice! and spend the rest of your life with them. Get a job... take care of your baby and please stop worrying about your V!
    Anonymous

• Worrying about me v? Are you serious lady you are taking what im asking and turning it into something about sex. I would appreciate if you would keep your ridiculous comments such as these to your self.. You think just because im a teen all i care about is sex well your wrong but i am only 17 and yes dating around is to find someone special hence the reason i asked this question i did.
    Anonymous

• i think you should have healthy positive relationships --dating and friends, you should be more quick to judge people you are around, with and without your son because he is #1 but there is no reason it is better for you to be lonely, i would have to know a guy for over a yr, be sure about him being there long term b4 my son would meet him but i dont see why you cannot go out with people when away from your son. do the other stuff, school, career, dont go boy crazy like most 17 yr olds because i am sure you know better....but dont be a hermit...

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Not looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with surely seems like just sex to me little girl!
    Anonymous

• You should only do what makes you feel comfortable. I would only bring someone into the picture if you thought you were going to spend along time with them.
    Anonymous

• ok first off shes 17 still young i didnt find the love of my life and dh till i was 23. so back off. as for seeing someone date but dont bring them around till you know its a good thing 6 months to a year, or introduce as mommys friend or mommys friend is picking her up. when my dd was 3 i went thre this i had a job my own place and was doing well i also dated but the guy knew i couldnt go out all the time when my parents babysat i went out. he wanted to meet dd after 4 months but i wasent sure so it was a no. after a year they did meet he was my "friend" no it didnt work out but we were still friends for a long time and i was invited to his wedding. even my dh didnt meet dh till a year. by 1 year 6 months i asked dd what she thought about him she liked him and asked if she wanted to live with him. we did. and now married 4 years and dd loves him and he loves her. in the end we all make choices. we learn. good luck.xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009