Why do you wait for the "rapture" to come?

I am not trying to be rude. I've had this discussion with my dad more than once. I personally believe this life is a journey we are supposed to live so we can learn, give,serve a specific purpose and most of all to experience this life. I also believe we are here because God wants us to enjoy, feel and not to wait for it to be over. So I cannot understand wanting the "rapture" to come and waiting and speculating, instead of living. Again, I don't want to offend, I am just curious why some want to end the experience of life which is so meaningful.

hannahwill

Asked by hannahwill at 8:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with you FULLY. The thougth of not living my life with my kids in the way I am now, makes me sad.
    But I do also long to see Christ, like the song "I can only Imagine" How incredible it will be. So I see both sides. I guess thats why its Gods decision and not mine. lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• cuz they are religious freaks?
    Anonymous

• But those that center their life around the rapture are wasting their life. We are to be preparing while we live life, not constantly looking up to the sky and letting life pass us by.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think maybe you misunderstand. Do you know what the rapture is?Do you know its purpose? I would explain,but I would have to seem preachy in order to.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yes, Alize, I do know what it is.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I DON"T misunderstand what the meaning of the rapture is...that is why I have this question.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• People who Look Forward to the Rapture are not sitting around and twiddling their thumbs. We live out our lives and enjoy it.Rapture is something to look forward to.Not wait for. Again if you are not a believer it is hard to explain.Feel free to learn on your own.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I believe she knows what the rapture is, she is just saying that LIFE IS GOOD. Cant fault her for that. And as humans, we have no idea how overwhelming the rapture will be, its a difficult concept to wrap your minds around.

Kinda like: How can it get better than this. I understand her feelings.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I obviously know they are not twiddling their thumbs. Why look forward to it? I am asking questions just as you do...I am trying to learn WHY people look forward to the "rapture".
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 8:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Alize, thats just what I said, But there are SOME who I have known who do focus solely on the rapture and forget that their IS A BIG job to do in the meantime.

Of course that does not include every Christian, but I know some who do this.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009