Why are there so many ignorant bashing moms out there?

I am tired of hearing people say...why do people have kids if their not going to stay home with them? Did it ever occur to you that when we had our kids...the intention was to stay at home with them....did it ever occur to you that there are successful working women out there who prefer to work...did it ever occur to you that with this economy people can't afford to stay at home...which is my case, and I am not happy with having to go back to work. I think moms that do, feel bad enough and we don't need ignorant comments from those who think their high and mighty because their dh makes enough to support them staying home.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• AMEN to that sister I totally feel ya on that one. I really wanted to be a SAHM but the way this economy is it is impossible to get by with just hubby's income so I gotta go back to work. You just gotta do what you gotta do and don't take shit for it. Try to ignore the ignorance of others.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Amen X 100! Exactly.. well put! I have been both and I can assure you working moms have my respect and support 100%.. Not only do they work, they do all that stay at home moms do as well. Plus, their kids are usually better adjusted to life.... YEAH!!!!
    Anonymous

• If they're so concerned about something as stupid as whether a mom works or not, obviously none of those things had occured to them.

I wasn't aware that staying at home and having enough cash to be a one-income family was a prerequisite for having children lol.

Seriously, consider the source. If someone is so narrow minded as to really be dead set against mothers being able to get out of the house and work....are they really worth your time. Do you REALLY think you owe people like than an explanation? Just roll your eyes, feel sorry for them that the world outside their homes is too bright and shiny...and move on.

I'm a SAHM. I'd like to go back to work some day and I am 100% ALL FOR people living their lives however the hell they want to (as long as they can afford it and do it responsibly) and being left alone for it.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Who said you were a bad mother?

There's no right or wrong way to do it. Do what works for your family and ignore everyone else's opinions.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I admire the Moms that can handle it all, job, house, kids, bills, etc.... My Husband is gone a month at a time with his job and I'm home 24/7 with 3 boys... Well 2 are in school but anyway I look at the Moms that are dressed nice at school and picking up their kids from aftercare and I wonder what it would be like to have a career... I have been a SAHM for the past 13 yrs and I love my boys but yes I do look outside and wonder what it would feel like... Then I turn around and look at my boys and remember that Dads not here and one of us needs to be here for them fulltime... I don't look down on working mothers, my mom did it my whole life and gave all of us an awesome life... I do wish I would have had more of her , but like the one poster said, you have to do what you have to do so don't ever let anyone make you feel like less of a mom because you work! Just my 2 cents... Take care.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yeah....i am currently a SAHM, but I dont look down on moms who work. i think of that as the norm. i am amazed there are so many people who can afford not to work. in our case, we couldnt afford for me to work. daycare for a baby and 2 kids, plus somehow getting transportation to and from preschool, would have been impossible for us. I couldn't have made enough in the job i had or jobs i could get. i am going to be going back to school starting this summer. so while i am in school the kids will have to go somewhere unless their dad's back is still not fixed, then they can stay with him.

we are really struggling. and i work on the weekends. i enjoy being here for after school and homwork, and i feel so lucky to have this time with my daughter, but i have a great relationship with my mom and she was a single mom who worked for my entire life.

GO WORKING MOMS! Its hard work. be proud to be supporting your kids
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I hear that Britini. Don't let that bother you. My Husband makes enough money to support his family. He wasn't raised where the mother worked and therefore thought I wasn't supposed to work. HELL NO!!! My kids were in daycare and I worked and if I had another one that one is going to Daycare to. Why? Well I'm teaching my kids responsibilty. I'm teaching my daughter to depend on NO ONE. Husband or not. Depend on yourself only. I'm teaching my kids you have to work for what you want and need. Thats why I work outside the home and there is no way I'm doing it from home where I have to pay someone to make money. Hell to the no. Anways you are not less of a mother because you work outside the home and put your kids in daycare and don't allow anyone to tell you that. And please don't feel bad. It's life. We are human and we are SUPPOSED to work not lay around and have tea parties all day with the kids.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Well this is high school in disguise so I'm not really surprised by it. There are too many women out there that try to make themselves feel better by belittling someone else. It's almost comical the way some women on CM just have nothing nice to say at all.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I read the comment on a comment section of a news article...but I've seen it here on CM too! It was on the article about 10 children being hospitalized for drinking windshield wiper fluid that their caregiver mistook for kool-aid. Well first of all how is that the parents fault? But my son wouldn't be allowed to have kool-aid anyway...to much sugar.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• you go brit,who has the right to judge us moms who stay at home or go to work, our child/ren are not neglected or do without. Im sure we would all just like to be able and stay home with our kids but the aconomy sucks and we have no choice to go out there and work.Dont listen to the absent minded ones out there, their just bored and have nothing else to do. your right 100%.
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2009