At what age?

At what age did you start potty training your kids? And what were the signs you used to help you determine it was time?
I am asking because my daughter is 14 months old, and very smart for her age. She is starting to take off her diapers and go pee.. which is a problem, because that means I have to chase her around, try and put a diaper back on in hopes that she doesn't pee on the floor. Do you think it's time? If not, what do you suggest I do to keep my DD in her diapers until it's time, because cleaning up pee everyday is becoming a problem.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 8:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 14 month old little boy and he's doing the same thing. I've gotten to where i just keep pants on him all the time so he doesn't take his diaper off. As for them being ready to be potty trained...i don't think i would hurt to at least give it a try
    stephanied_425

Answer by stephanied_425 at 11:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• make a big deal about when you go, say "mommy goes pee pee in the potty" does she wear onesies? if anything that will prolong the diaper coming off. my son is 20 months now and its weird, but i've never had an issue with him taking his pants or diaper off. a simple no no seems to do the trick for him. i'd go ahead and get a potty for her at least introduce it. dont push, and dont rush. if no results say ok good try. i even say he did good sitting on it.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• We started a month ago at 18 months but nothing consistent. I have the potty in the livingroom so he gets used to it. We still haven't made it in the potty yet, but on the floor many times!:)
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009