at what age?

At what age did you start potty training your kids? And what were the signs you used to help you determine it was time?
I am asking because my daughter is 14 months old, and very smart for her age. She is starting to take off her diapers and go pee.. which is a problem, because that means I have to chase her around, try and put a diaper back on in hopes that she doesn't pee on the floor. Do you think it's time? If not, what do you suggest I do to keep my DD in her diapers until it's time, because cleaning up pee everyday is becoming a problem.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 8:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My first was 22 months and my second was 19 1/2 months when they stopped wearing diapers.  Both are boys, one very verbal and the other non-verbal.  I decided to give it a try when I noticed they were staying dry at naps and for several hours during the day and then peeing a lot all at once.

Here is my method:

http://raisingrocco.wordpress.com/2009/01/31/potty_trained_under_two/

In the meantime, I would put her in a onesie or a backwards blanket sleeper with the feet cut out so she can't take off her diaper.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 10:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• also if you think it is time, what are some suggestions as to how to start teaching her?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You could try this question in Toddlers 1-2
    Anonymous

• I did, but this way, I get a wider scoop of people.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i would just try and sit her on the potty and if she pees make a happy deal about it. i knew someone who used ducktape lol they wraped the ducktap around the diaper to keep it on. she said it worked. i myself think its funny. maybe get a vidio of potty training. so she can watch it first, eaither that every 10-15 mins u put her on the potty so theres no acciedents. i wish u the best of luck xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• as far as keeping the diaper on my SIL put her sons clothes on backwards or whatever so he couldnt figure out how to get them off and get to his diaper. I dont really think its time to start potty training yet. 14 months is awful young but the super nanny says change your childs diaper after she has a snack if it feels heavy shes not ready yet if it feels light then its time (the idea of learning how to hold it and becoming aware of when she has to go)
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009