wallpaper

I'm removing wall paper in my bathroom.. so I can paint the walls. What is the best way to remove it? I've tried the detergent trick.. didn't work so great..

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 8:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• There is a tool called a Paper Tiger, you can get it at Lowes or wherever. It gently scores the wallpaper. You roll it around in a circular motion. Then take Warm slightly soapy water and complely soak the paper. Use a sprayer bottle. Let it sit for a few minutes and then it should easily peel off.

I have done this a billion times ;)

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Thought I would add this,

Sometimes bathroom wallpaper can be the hardest to remove b/c of all the humidity and moisture that is found in a bathroom. Good luck!!
    mom2twobabes

• use the tiger, lightly-not digging in!, and use a steamer! lowe's has them for less than $50..well worth the price, unless you want to sit/stand/squat there and rip rip rip until all the wee little bits of paper are off. no detergent or solvent is needed. they only get messier when the wet product mixes with the glue on the back of the paper. also, be sure to not let those wee little bits of paper stay on the floor to dry..the glue reactivates w/moisture,and will end up sticking to your tile/wood/etc. get the steamer..i would not steer you wrong, kiddo!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• http://www.ehow.com/video_221_remove-wallpaper.html
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 10:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• the video was okay.. however the wall paper when I first tried to remove it was coming off in two peices.. the top layer came off sooo easy.. but it was like it had a second layer that is now stuck.. will the tiger help remove this stuff too? The remover didn't work either. Haven't checked out the steamer yet.. any links for it?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I had wallpaper all over my kitchen when we moved in. I just painted Kilz over it and painted over that. You can't even tell that there is wallpaper underneath. Beats the mess for sure!
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2009