• In the Spotlight:

who has had their

gallbladder removed?

How long did it take you to heal?

Any symtoms since you have had it removed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Health

• my sil just told me to tell you it took her a month to heal and she has had like SEVERE diarreah since then....she got hers removed in 06. She said she has to watch what she eats food wise. ( no really greasy foods) and that helps with the diarreah a little bit.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 9:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• did she have diarreah before the surgery ? and she still has severe diarreah? Is that common after surgery?
    Anonymous

• no she didnt and yes she does. Her dr. said its normal because your gallbladder filters all the fat and stuff you eat and since it's gone it doesnt do that anymore. She uses alot of immodium
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 9:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• that makes sence. What is immodium exactly?
    Anonymous

• i still have my GB, but i have seen many of them removed in surgery....`
    deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 9:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ChaoticSoul~ she may have had her bile cut during surgery. Im online researching this and one of the most common injuries suffered by patients is when a physician cuts the common bile duct during surgery. Bile-duct-cut.com.
    Anonymous

• I had mine removed the hard way in 1998. I was very ill for about a month and had to drag around a t tube for the whole time until they could go in and get the last stone that was stuck in my bile duct. I have had zero symptoms since, no trouble at all.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 6:37 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i had mine taken out last june. It hurt like hell after the surgery. It took about a week before i feeling better but everyone is different. Since the surgery I also have been dealing with IBS and it sucks. My doctor told me that it can last up to a year or the rest of your life. Good Luck.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2009