I want to know if this may be the case........

I often find that people tend to blame God for all the wrong things and praise the wrong thing when something goes right.Could this be the case for you?Have you ever asked yourself?I am first to admit I had done just that.I went though something very traumatic and I was quick to blame God.After reading and learning about God I had realized I had wrongfully blamed him.To really know God you have to learn about him. Satan really exists.Until you can finally accept that I think its totally wrong to blame GOD if you only have half the facts.Not trying to upset anyone.Just trying to make a point.If you pride yourself on being educated on religion then you shouldn't have a problem knowing where I am coming from.

Alize26

Asked by Alize26 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No one is attempting to cast doubt on your faith. And I think those who are non-Christians have attempted to explain our position as best we can (and your beliefs may similarly be unclear or contradictory for those who do not share them.) I also want to reiterate, as I said much much earlier in this thread, that it is a real misconception that people reject Christianity because they are too lazy or self-indulgent to 'follow the rules.' Other faiths also have rules and ethics, some of which may be very strict and some of which might be open to broad interpretation (for instance it may interest you to know that Buddhists also have a precept against killing, but that many interpret it broadly to include the killing of animals and other living creatures, at least as much as possible.) I would not classify myself as a 'non-believer' because I do believe in a greater force, though I view it very differently from you.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:56 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• you are so right.. People want to blame God for stuff but in a time of need they call upon him this is so true but im not like that.. im going to praise him in the good and bad times.. Cause if you praise him in the good times when bad times come he makes it alot better... God is good all the time

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• A lot of people's misunderstandings would disappear if they actually tried to know God and accepted that satan is real. Then they would know of the on going battle for our souls.They would know what exactly what God is responsible for and what satan is responsible for.Instead of doing what human beings do best and jump to conclusions without all the facts.I think the main reason people do not agree with Christianity is because it doesn't allow them to do the things they want.Or it doesn't fit their lifestyles.Also I have found a lot of non believers think themselves higher and more intelligent than believers.Pride...good old fashioned pride.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It is often the case with lots of people. Its easy to have a ready scapegoat like an impersonal God. It is easier to shift the blame away from one's self and onto a God. It's just a coping mechanism. Overuse can cause mental imbalances as guilt still has no where to go and isn't constructively dealt with. It sure isn't the best way to deal with difficult situations. But for me, I am sure that is not the case. I have only blamed Him for what He has claimed as his own doing. And as to having the whole facts, lol, there is no single human in the past or the future who has all the facts about everything and anything. What I have is the best that I have, which is more than most and less than some. YMMV.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Also misplaced blame. I am not saying I was never guilty of any of these things.In fact I was guilty of all of them and more.That is how I can say these things. I've been there and done that. I've said and claimed everything every non believer has told me while I have been asking questions in this section.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Is this the case? .... You think you are right and anyone that thinks differently, is wrong. Very arrogant!

Anonymous

• I personally don't blame God when things go badly, nor do I blame Satan. The idea of personified deities representing good and evil has just never rang true to me. I view God as the ground of being, the life force that we all spring from and return to. There is no one to blame in that world view.

I do wish to respectfully disagree that those who are not Christians do so because they don't want to alter their lifestyles or are somehow too lazy or sinful to adhere to the rules. Many other faiths also have rules that followers adhere to... Orthodox Judaism has any number of rules, traditional Hinduism imposed a rigid caste system that dictated follower's entire life circumstances, ordained Buddhism monks must vow to adhere to literally hundreds of precepts. It is not only Christians who follow rules of faith, and it is not only Christians who do their best to live moral and ethical lives every single day.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• OK, I see what you are doing. Reconstructing my words to fit your world view. But that doesn't mean you have really seen it the way that I do. I highly doubt that you would claim that the God of the Bible is evil, plain and simple.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Actually I never blamed God for anything bad that happened. I might have asked why but I never called out his name and condemned him(when speaking from my time as a christian). I wanted help in understanding.

So, even now as a non-christian but believer in the divine...I dont do it either. I know where the blame squarely lies.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 9:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have been lost....now that I see the truth I try to use my experiences and questions to do the same for others.Many of them would be shocked if they knew I was exactly like them at one time. Yes I also studied psychology and said the same thing you did isabellalecour at one time. Pride my friend is hard to get over.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009