How annoying is it when you see really overweight kids!

Geez! WTF is wrong with America and their bad eating habits...I specifically point out Americans because we have the highest rates of obesity. If it isn't bad enough that our entire country is fat, people are making their kids fat with them. Put away the cheeseburgers and encourage your kids to have healthy eating habits. Diabetes, heart disease, etc...these are not funny and we should be encouraging our children to eat healhty and be concerned with their health....if anything, WE should be concerned with the health of our children! After all, isnt their health the most important thing!?!?! Dont buy them the Xbox, computers or tv, get them involved in activities that require exercise!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Some parents are lazy and it is easier to put your kid infront of the TV then to take your child outside to play. And goning to McDOnalds is less expensive and less work then even cooking hamburgers at home, that is why we are so fat it is a convieniance factor and the laziness, I'll admit I will eat McDonalds over making something at home when I am tired, not always but on occasion I do.
    Anonymous

• Not annoying. I find it heartbreaking.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 9:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• It's annoying how people assume overweight kids are just that and never consider medical conditions.
    Anonymous

• There are medical conditions sometimes so i never judge.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 9:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• In some cases its not always the parents fault my cousin for example he is 6 yrs old he's a very active little boy and has decent eating habits and he is not extremely over weight but hes pretty chunky. He has bad asthma and takes steroids to help control it which in turn he has gained alot of weight, its sad but its the lesser of two evils when its the only thing that helps his breathing ya know....
    lalasmom8

Answer by lalasmom8 at 9:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I feel most of children with obesity,can be prevented,but also alot are because of medical conditions,so I don't judge any kid,because of their weight.. But now if it is someone I know personally,like friends or family,they will get the health speech from me,because I lose a family member about every year or two,from heart desease,So I know where they are heading.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• YOu know what annoys me. All of you who think just b/c a kid is overweight something is wrong with them. That just isn't true. My son was really heavy while a baby. Not fat but just solid built. Everyone acted as though I was some monstorous mom who wouldn't control her child. When in reality, he ate no more than other kids and is actually more active than any kid around. I am happy to say that he is now taller than most and still solid as a rock, but perfectly adverage for kids his age. Now why judge my child when there was nothing wrong with him. I hate ppl who think just b/c you are overweight you are less of a person. We all have faults, look at your own before you go judging everyone elses. And by the way , no I am not overweight. Just pissed cause some skinny anorexic person thinks I am grossly fat b/c I am bigger than them.

By the way not saying all of you are that way, but some definately are!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Statistics dont lie. While some kids do have medical conditions, that doesnt explain why obesity has risen for both children and adults drastically in the past 50 years. Did all of these medical conditions just suddenly come from nowhere causing obesity...no. the majority of overweeight kids and adults are that way because of the increase in fast food industries and lack of exercise. Besides, if a child is very overweight, and so is the parent...that would most likely indicate junk being eaten in the house.
    Anonymous

• Also, are all of these medical conditions only in america because our childhood obesity rate is much greater than any other country.
    Anonymous

• OMG I have a friend who is very overweight and is CONSTANTLY giving her child fast food and candy, pop and white carbs and just nasty unhealthy foods. Isnt it OBVIOUS that your child will get fat, just like you, if you dont feed them healthy foods?

I also dont understand how any parent could want anything for their child besides the best. I have this same issue with formula vs. breastmilk. It's not my job to judge, but I cant help but get frustrated with these kinds of people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2009