any body else do this?

I am 36 Weeks and went to the hospital yesterday because I was dizzy and seeing spots, I was swollen and couldn't bend my fingers! Oh yes it was not fun, So they ran blood tests and checked my urine, I have never had high blood pressure, but guess I do now, anyway they let me leave and told me it could be Mild preclampsia. But they are not sure because my blood work came back negative but I had a Little protin in my urine, now I am collecting my urine for 24 hours! Has this happened to anyone else? Have you been told to collecet your urine and that you have all the signs of preclampsia but your blood work was normal? This seems strange to me.

jparker289

Asked by jparker289 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I had to do the 24 hour collection in my first trimester because I had high blood pressure and then again at 37 weeks. The 24 collection protein reading combined with your blood pressure is how they will make a pre-eclampsia diagnosis. The blood work doesn't indicate the two symptoms of Pre-E (being blood pressure coupled with urine protein). I wound up being induce and still having complications because they waited too long to induce and my bp skyrocketed. Just try to relax, drinks lots of water and avoid unnecessary stress. You are in the home stretch...good luck momma!
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• it happened to me around 34wks with my first. then It got bad at 36wks and I was induced. BTW try to stay away from induction it was horrible. the meds they put you on for the pre-e make it much worse.
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The doctors wouldn't do anything that wasn't necessary...so I'd follow their directions...take it easy and drink lots of fluids...also, I'd try to avoid salty foods bc they make me swell like crazy...good luck!
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009