• In the Spotlight:

Think i over-reacted?

My dd's friend told her she was coming over at 4:30pm and ended up showing up at 8:30 for a sleepover. My dd called to cancel but she showed up 2minutes after her message. Anyways..i told the girl to next time call so that my daughter wont be waiting for her. My dd wouldnt say anything..cause ehh shes too nice. The girl could tell i was mad and apologised.

roxxxy

Asked by roxxxy at 9:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• i would have just nicely said hunny you need to call and let us know whats going on or give us a time. so please next time remember that.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think you handled it just right. you let her know what you expected of people who came to visit and it does not sound like you were rude and tore her a new one. I think you did fine.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Bien dicho tu lo hicistes bien. Ella obiera llamao para dejar a tu hija saber que venia tarde. Que malo cuando la persona se queda esperando.
    RaggedyAnne

Answer by RaggedyAnne at 10:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• also, you may want to mention this to her mother...since i assume that she didnt bring herself. i guess i would have talked to the girls mom before anything happened and then when they didnt show up at the scheduled time i would have called by 5:30 to make sure what was going on. i wouldnt wait 4 hours for someone to come over.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I agree with aly........ a child can only do so much and the rest is the parents.....
    CShah

Answer by CShah at 12:21 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• We have to teach our kids how to stick up for them selves, and by you showing her they way you thought was the right way to approach her, you did just fine.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:26 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I would of told her to call if going to be late. It was wrong to make you dd wait. And next time do not wait hours to call, I would have waited 30-min.only.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:51 PM on Mar. 15, 2009

• I would have told her AND her mother nicely to call first, if they are going to be late.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2009

• Thanx for your time mommas!! :)
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 12:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2009