At 14 weeks should you not sleep on your back anymore??

i can only get comfy that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have never heard of not sleeping on your back. i have heard of not sleeping on your tummy.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 9:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I have heard you shouldn't sleep on your back at some point-- when the baby is so heavy that the weight can cut off flow to your vena cava and aorta (I think that's what they're called)-- the main blood vessels running through your torso. I don't know the exact age. I have heard it's best to simply sleep on your sides.

If you're uncomfortable, why don't you try getting a body pillow? I'm a tummy sleeper normally, and it does help.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I EARD THAT AROUND 22WEEKS BUT REALLY THERE IS SO MUCH DISCOMFORT DURING PREGNANXY JUST SLEEP HOWEER WORKS 4 U
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i asked my doctor that bc i am used to sleeping on my back and even on my stomach but he told me you can sleep on your back and even stomach till your 20 weeks.
    and after 20 weeks your supposes to sleep on your left side i dont remember why but its something to do with your blood flow to the baby.
    good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You can sleep anyway you feel comfortable. If you are sleeping on your back it can put pressure on the main vein that goes to the baby...But the doctor told me if that were to happen that I would know it, and I would change positions on my own becuz I would be uncomfortable...He said as long as Im comfortable and not dizzy or getting numb anywhere then I can sleep however I want...Hope this helps..you can also google this...It states it on different places on the pregnancy sites!!!!
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 4:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2009