low progestrone while pregnant

Anyone have low progestrone? I have been bleeding since 2/21 and I am about 6 weeks right now. I have been having my blood taken checking my hcg levels.... so far so good. 2/27 was 186, 3/4 was 1466 and 2/10 was 4225. So everything looks good there but my last blood test my progestrone level was 9.1. I read that it should be atleast 10. So my doctor perscribed me pogestrone suppositories. (sorry my spelling is really bad right now). Do you think that my bleeding will go away? My midwife gave me some calcium as well. She thinks I need more because I am nursing my 8 month old still and because the pregnancies are so close together my body is really depleted (sorry my spelling again). I guess I will wait and see, but I wanted to see if anyone has experienced this before.

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had 3 miscarriages due to low progesterone. Mine was alot lower than your though, but my last pregnancy and the one I am pregnant with now I had to be on the suppositories for the first trimester. I never did start taking it after I was bleeding though, so I am not sure about that. But I assume that if that is the cause of the bleeding then it should stop it. Good luck, I know it is hard. Also be on the lookout for side effects. My dr didnt discuss them with me because apparently the are rare, but i had them and they scared the hell out of me, so ask ahead of time so you aren't caught off gaurd. I was told if you have really bad PMS (and I have PMDD) then you are more likely to have the bad effects.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009