wet panties a sign of water breaking?TMI

I been geting wet panties for awhile now but every time i go to the dr. i have made no progress. today its been different. it seems like its flowing constant now and i having bad cramping too. i hate to go to the hospital again for nothing though. any help appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Better to go and be safe. GL.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• when i was prego with my son i had the same thing. yeah i think that you are in labor. i kept peeing my pants and getting sharp pains in my hip. i didn't think that i was in labor then i decided that i wanted to see why i was peeing my pants so i went to l&D and they check and said that i was dilated to a 9. sound like you are having the same thing. good news i had my son within 20 minutes of getting the the hospital. good luck and congrats.

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 10:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Maybe a slow leak if it isn't going away, either that or just increased discharge...but either way if you aren't 100% sure I would go in and see. Does it have a smell? That can answer some questions too.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• it does have a slight smell. its probably in my head. i am just inpatient about having the baby already.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• if it smells teh least bit like urine its just the lovely joy of being further along in your pregnancy and the ever constant leakage factor, if it DOESNT smell like urine go to the hospital!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i had a slow leak for 16 hours before realizing i had to go to the dr to be checked. Id call the on call doc and let them know and then head down there. if it is clear and happens every say 20-30 min you leak especially if you are sitting then stand up then get going lol! if its clear its either cervical mucus or amniotic fluid keep us updated and good luck!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think you should go in just incase what are they going to say to you even if you arent in labor
    there just going to see a mother worried about her child and being safe rather than sorry right.
    Anonymous

• i heard preg women get "wet" more than non-preg women b/c the hormones. like ur body's turned on but u dont notice i guess. but i'd go... god forbid soemthing bad does happen, but do u want to be the one taking the "what if" regret chance?? GL and i wish u well. id go. i hate going to the er n feeling like ok that was a stupid reason to go it was nothiing as well. but a childs life is possibly on the line obviously. no mommy wants anything bad to happen to their child. i know b/c i misscarried 6 days ago... :(
    HolleyT

Answer by HolleyT at 3:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2009