Trying to cope...a friday the 13th tale.

Today my DS turned 23. We planned dinner with the whole family and we were going to meet his girlfriend for the first time. We hired a babysitter for our youngest DS's age 2 and 3, the sitter has a 2 yr old DD. We left, got to the Olive Garden and were seated quickly. We decided to call and check in with the kids. No answer, we called for around 10 mins, no answer. DH called a friend near by and asked him to drive over and check. He called and told us the police were in front and that the sitter had fallen asleep and the neighbors saw the 3 kids running up and down the street. They took them home and called 911. DH's friend put the officer on the phone and DH explained who he was where we were and we would be home in 10 mins. They were satisfied and left the kids with our friend until we got home. Neighbor said they had been outside in underwear for 20 mins or more. I don't know how to deal with the sitter..do you?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So sorry to hear about all of this! I think this is one of parent biggest nightmares! And you did everything right! Know that! This sounds like something that could have happened to anyone of us! I have had a sitter nightmare before also- not to this degree tho. I wish you luck with this. Please Keep me informed. If there's any thing else I can do please let me know!
    here's my e-mail susan6xblessed@cableone.net
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 10:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Don't pay her! Never let her come back and call cps on her
    Anonymous

• I would have beat her ass.....
    Anonymous

• I would kill her than myself for not checking her references lesson learned thank god they are ok

Anonymous

• oh my gosh! I would have been horrified...i would def. confront her and let her know that what she did was absolutey irresponsible! I dont know what else to do. did the police go to her home and ask her why her DD was running down the road?
    Anonymous

• OMG!!! I would definitely call CPS to see if there is anything they can do. Maybe get in tou.ch with the officer who was there and see about pressing charges of child endangerment. Holy crap! Thank God they are ok though.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I cannot tell you how freaked out my DH and I are over this. Eating salad all the while our babies are running lose in the street half naked. OMG...I am having such a hard time digesting this..when I think of what could have happened. I drove her home...she is the DD of a friend and did not say a word to her...what can I say except maybe GO DIE! So I just took her home. I feel like such a bad mom, I thought all was well planned out and taken care of. Now I am a wreck and my sons dinner was ruined. I don't know how to ever talk to her again. She almost lost her own DD in the bargin. I am lucky I did not have my kids taken from me and wound up on the 11 o'clock news.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:14 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I would do anything I could to put that bitch in jail or fined or whatever! I think not paying her is obvious. hahaha
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Sounds like to me someone would be going home broke and black and blue.
    KJDsMommy

Answer by KJDsMommy at 10:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• ak aries I think said it best. Something needs to be done so this person is never responsible for the lives of another ever again. And references well you can check references, but people lie. They can geta friend or family member to say their fabulous. You would never be the wiser. Definitely NO pay. I am so glad your children are okay! Definitely a friday the 13th story
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2009