Baby shoes....

What size shoe would a 6 month old normally wear? I thought I could just take my son in the store with me to try stuff on but now I know its easier said than done.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 10:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is a size 3 and is 7 months.
    happymom0724

Answer by happymom0724 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• At 6 months, my daughter was wearing a 2. She is 8 months now and just getting into 3s.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I was just gonna ask this question!
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I base it on what size clothes they are wearing. For instance my DS is 9 mo old but wearing 12 mo clothing and his shoe size is a 4/5 which corresponds with the 12 mo clothes. It could just be my kids having big feet tho bc his big brother is the same way.
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 10:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Try this website, they have a sizing chart you can print and hold up to your baby's feet. It's specifically for their brand, but it would probably give you a good idea of what size you need for other brands too.
    http://www.pediped.com/Home/Sizing.aspx
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Youshould really try to take your baby (at least for the first shoe). I have found that the different styles and brands can vary in the way they fit. My son is 10 months old and barely getting into some threes, but also has some twos that he hasn't worn.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• The best thing I ever did before my children could walk, is get them robeez shoes. They are AWESOME moccasin style shoes. They typically correspond to their age. So your LO can wear 6-12 months. My LO wore either Robeez or Pediped shoes until he was a stable walker, and now I just shell out the bucks and get him fitted for Stride Rite everytime he needs a new pair.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 11:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2009