• In the Spotlight:

Does your child have any special toy/blanky/shirt etc.... that they can't be without?

My daughter has a blanky, thats practically falling apart we've had to sew it up a couple of times, but it has a ribbon around it that she likes to rub between her fingers as she falls asleep.

lalasmom8

Asked by lalasmom8 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• my dd was the same way . I actually had to go buy a new blankey sicne she rubbed the silky off it and I was getting sick of sewing it back together. To this day 11 yrs later she still has to have a blanket with silky edges
    booboo32

Answer by booboo32 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yep! It is so precious. My daughter has a blanky too. She calls it "binkie" and can't sleep without it, can't sit down without it and can't watch TV without it :). I also had a blanky and I didn't sleep without it until i was 11 or 12!!!!!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 10:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My 6 yr old has a big stuffed fish, he keeps it in his bed under his pillow,lol
    My 5 yr old sleeps with the book we read if he gets to pick it.
    My 12 yr old, well I don't really wanna look at whats in his bed, lol I just close my eyes and put his sheets in the washer,lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Mine has a blankie that I made when she was a baby and a stuffed kitty a friend gave her. At least with the blankie, I have two and can rotate them in the wash.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My 2 year old has a pillow she has to have at all times. A regular cheap pillow, not some character or anything. And I can't put a pillowcase on it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• OP, I had a blanket that sounds the exact same as your daughter. The satin ribbon and all! Guess what...I've still got my blankie!

My daughter has a million blankets on her bed that she can't sleep without but she has one very special "favorite" blanket. My first son had an Iguana and my second son really just liked anything to cuddle. Whatever was within arms reach!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• No. He's always been easy going about his things, he can take them or leave them.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• my 3 yr old son has to have his yellow blanket when he sleeps. It can't be the blue one or any other blanket. Luckily we have a few yellow ones, so we can wash one and he still has one.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• My son has to have this white bear on his bed! You can't remove this bear at all! Sometimes he will fall asleep with it in his arms but most of the time it is setting in the corner of his bed!He will wake up in the middle of the night and if its not on the bed he will be upset till it is found(Under his bed) and put back where it belongs!
    MarineAngel831

Answer by MarineAngel831 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2009