Do you think working moms "work" harder than SAHM

I always here SAHM have the hardest job in the world...but what about working moms? I still have to do all of the wife/mom jobs at home, plus work full -time. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• at least you get intelligent conversation ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't think one works harder than the other. They are two totally different situations, each with their own challenges. I have been a part-time SAHM, and it's tough. But so is working full time... just in a different way.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Oh yes WORKING MOMS ARE BETTER! WHATEVER!
    Anonymous

• I think so. That is my experience anyway. When I stayed home, I never had to worry about what I was going to do when I or my children were sick. Did I clean and cook everyday? No, I did not. I found myself finding things to keep me busy. When I worked full time, I was very organized and had a set schedule... I did the same things plus worked full time. Yes, I do think they work harder. Sorry...
    Anonymous

• IT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY KIDS YOU HAVE AND HOW MUCH YOUR HUSBAND HELPS YOU.
    Anonymous

• i think teh grass is greener on the other side... well kind of. I am a wahm (I make a part time income off ebay) But I would love to be around intelligent (or mildly intelligent) conversation. I miss interacting with adults and sometimes I just cant stand being home all the time. I think teh expectation for the cleanliness of the home is higher for a sahm or wahm. Not to say moms who work outside the home dont clean their homes but it unrealistic to expect someone spending at least 50 hours a week outside the home to run a spotless ship. I think neither are better. Each woman does what is best for her family and THAT is what is important
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I don't think one has it harder than the other. I am amused by both sides and their battle to see who is the bigger martyr. I am a SAHM and love my life. I will let others fight to see who has it worse my life is the best.
    Anonymous

• No, Full time student moms who also work have it the hardest
    Anonymous

• I don't think you could possibly claim that one works harder than the other. Say a woman works in a daycare and then goes home to take care of her family, would you say she's more like a SAHM or a working mom? I'm a SAHM and used to work. Missed my kids like crazy when I was at work and now that I'm at home I miss having some adult time regardless of it being work.
    I would have to say that any good mom has a hard but rewarding job.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Hmmm. Well...

I CANNOT say I worked harder during my short stint as a SAHM. Of course, my son was already in school at that time. No, I didn't clean or cook any more than I was already doing. ...I am NOT the housekeeping type and never will be.

But then I cannot call my work "work" really. My job is fun. I get to read and write and talk to people all day. So I also cannot say that I work any harder working out of the home.

The two weight exactly evenly for me.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2009