no judgement please! smoke in breastmilk

i smoked weed once so i stopped breast feeding because i didnt want to pass it to my baby. i regret it so much and want to breast feed, does anyone know how long its in the milk? is it liks blood where its 3 mo? please dont put me down i know i messed up. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont smoke pot, BUT I think that because of all the risks that formula poses, opposed to THC, which poses no risks(the smoke itself poses a risk, but not when it's in the bloodstream), it would be a much better Idea to forget about it, pretend it didnt happen, DONT do it again, and breastfeed your child. I'm quite positive that marijuana which is natural and toxin free is a lot healthier with just the SMALLEST traces in your BM than formula which is made out of the cheapest possible ingredients, man-made vitamins, and toxins and chemicals.

Good luck! We all make mistakes, it's not for us mom's on this website to judge you, God will do that. Nurse your child. It's the best thing you can do for them!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I personally don't think it will have any effect at all :o)
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I would ask your doctor about that even though its not a good thing! But i wouldnt recomment breast feeding until you find out..
    happymomma1112

Answer by happymomma1112 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• According to this website- http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_does_marijuana_stay_in_breast_milk, it stays in your breast milk to same amount of time it is in your blood. What you can do is 1. kick your habit. 2. Pump and dump for 3 months so you can keep your milk from drying up. 3. Supplement with formula or buy breastmilk from other moms. I can't remember the website for it but if you are interested just pm me and I will look for it. Please, for the sake of your baby, don't do drugs again.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• kellymom.com says 2 to 3 weeks
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yeah i really dont think that will affect , they told me cigarette smoke wouldnt and why would any one put you down for doing it once not like they all have not done something stupid as long as you dont do it allll the time your good i think it takes about 7 days to get out!!!! my bro does the shit and he is always saying that when he has to piss test for his work good luck
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Marijuana and cigarettes are different. That is the problem with marijuana it does stay longer in you body. Two different chemicals.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I think there is a bigger issue at stake than nursing. Your smoking pot when you have a baby. You need to focus on getting you healthy( off drugs) for good so you can be a good parent to your baby. Please seek out help and cross that bridge if and when you get there
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Come one she smoked it once.. Pot only stays in 30 days. Unless you have a ton of body fat... Who ever told you 3 months is nutts.. And unless you smoked a massive amount that one time I would think a week would be good for not BF.. And honestly this place isnt the right place to ask that kinda advice.. Most of the people on here are so perfect they will be the first ones to pass judgement.. All the females on her are way to stuck up and sooooo perfect!!
    Anonymous

• Occasional use of marijuana isn't really harmful to nursing babies, as long as they are not exposed to the smoke. Coming from a mom who nurses (2 kids) and occasionally smokes. Staying anon because I've gotten a LOT of $hit about this on here before.
    Anonymous