Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have Medicade for my pregnancy and it over in the end of this month and I wanted to know if I can get my eyes checked?

even tho it was ment for my pregnancy but I had him last month and I REALLY need my eyes checked out lol
if you have Medicaid where can I get my eyes checked out where they can except me?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (8)
  • Call around see if they take your insurance.

    Answer by lilbit837 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • Yes, you can go to any doctor who accepts medicaid until your card expires. If you have a regular physician make an appointment and have him check your eyes and also ask him to write you a referral to see an eye specialist who accepts medicaid. HURRY! before it expires. GOOD LUCK!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • It covers vision checks and specific eyeglasses or contacts, or sometimes a percentage of the cost if you pick more expensive ones. Most places take it, but just make sure to ask when making your appt.

    Answer by jessrasmussen at 11:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • it will not pay for anything not to due with pregnancy read the card

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • it depends on what type of medicaid you are on. there are about 10 diffrent types of medicaid and it depends on what state that you live in.

    Answer by twinsnseptember at 11:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • as a PP said, it depends on what kind of medicaid it is, i signed up thru a public health nurse for my pregnancy (sooo much better than going down to the welfare office and sitting forever!!) and she encouraged me to get my eyes checked and my teeth done as soon as i got approved. and i will have it for two months after i have this one, then they;ll send me something to fill out to re-apply. that's what they did with my last pregnancy anyway. it most likely depends on what state you are in too, how they do it.

    Answer by katvixenstar at 11:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • i had to go get my eyes checked but i had to pay $20.00 to get it done.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

  • doctorHi! I believe you can go to a doc that accepts medicaid.  Once your card expires you should check this site out: You'll find a few programs that will save you a lot of money!!!  Good luck!



    Answer by Traci1993 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.