I have Medicade for my pregnancy and it over in the end of this month and I wanted to know if I can get my eyes checked?

even tho it was ment for my pregnancy but I had him last month and I REALLY need my eyes checked out lol
if you have Medicaid where can I get my eyes checked out where they can except me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call around see if they take your insurance.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yes, you can go to any doctor who accepts medicaid until your card expires. If you have a regular physician make an appointment and have him check your eyes and also ask him to write you a referral to see an eye specialist who accepts medicaid. HURRY! before it expires. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

• It covers vision checks and specific eyeglasses or contacts, or sometimes a percentage of the cost if you pick more expensive ones. Most places take it, but just make sure to ask when making your appt.
    jessrasmussen

Answer by jessrasmussen at 11:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• it will not pay for anything not to due with pregnancy read the card
    Anonymous

• it depends on what type of medicaid you are on. there are about 10 diffrent types of medicaid and it depends on what state that you live in.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 11:13 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• as a PP said, it depends on what kind of medicaid it is, i signed up thru a public health nurse for my pregnancy (sooo much better than going down to the welfare office and sitting forever!!) and she encouraged me to get my eyes checked and my teeth done as soon as i got approved. and i will have it for two months after i have this one, then they;ll send me something to fill out to re-apply. that's what they did with my last pregnancy anyway. it most likely depends on what state you are in too, how they do it.
    katvixenstar

Answer by katvixenstar at 11:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• i had to go get my eyes checked but i had to pay $20.00 to get it done.
    Anonymous

• doctorHi! I believe you can go to a doc that accepts medicaid.  Once your card expires you should check this site out: www.mybenefitsplus.com/tmast You'll find a few programs that will save you a lot of money!!!  Good luck!

-Traci

Traci1993

Answer by Traci1993 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009