For those who believe in the rapture do you take the bible to say that we will go up if we are believers or that we will still be on Earth during this time?

I am also trying to figure out at what age my kids are considered old enough to know whether they believe in God or not. They do believe in him overall but I don't think they grasp everything. My oldest sometime is hard to read with his learning disablities and my other son is still a little young I think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• IF we are saved and have no sin in our lifes we will be called up in the rapture and I think the age is 9... Not real sure on the age but I think 9
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Actually just believing isn't enough to be in the rapture. For the ones left behind they can still prove themselves by standing up for God and never sinning against him.For it is the last are to be first and the first is to be last into the kingdom in heaven.Meaning it doesn't matter if you are the last lost saved for you are promised the same as those who were either saved before or never needed saving. BUT if you ar not taken in the rapture you have a lot of hard times ahead of you. Thats what i got out of it anyway. I will reread and apologize if I am wrong in any way.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I also get that out of it Alize I think you are right... What do you think the age is? SOmeone told me 9 well that is what John hagee said I think

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Okay...
    Keep in mind that God will not have his own suffer his wrath. Remember Noah? He didn't drown in the flood, but he was boarding the ark as the rain started. We are in the rain.

As for the age of decision, Dr. J. Vernon McGee of Thru The Bible says that the actual age of decision for Christ is different for each person and may be a lot older than some Christians think.

I do know that Christ will not lose any sheep. God sees the heart of those who are severely disabled and knows who are his. (The Elect)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Amen timelessglass great point
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yes, Yes and Yes! We will go to Heaven before the rapture if you are a born again Christian. After the world is destroyed God will make a new earth and we will live here but that is after the new earth is made.

As far as your children.... It depends on each child. They are responsible for what they understand only. My special needs child was 7 when he came forward and my other two were 5. With that said, they believe what they know. We are always learning but when they ask to be Baptised and they can tell you what it means and they ask the Lord to come into their hearts who am I to say they don't understand. They understand as much as they can and more than most adults because they don't get caught up in all the "stuff" the world is telling them.

Just b/c your child has learning issues if he "gets" it then don't hold him back. We each grow in our walk and faith.

I would love to hear any feedback.
    mrsrevjohnson

Answer by mrsrevjohnson at 11:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I read revealation 2x's and I think they were different versions (actually they had to be) and also I had DH tell me about a series that he read based on revealation. The one version makes it sound like all believers will be left on Earth and watch all the judgements happen. The other one makes it sound like the min God comes down to Earth that those who believe will disappear and go to Heaven.

My kids I think are getting to the age they should know but I really don't know how to truly know they accept God as their savior (the way I believe you have to). I was forced to get baptized and accept God at a young age. It wasn't till I was 14 that I asked my cousin to explain Jesus/God to me and I except God into my life on my own terms.
    Anonymous

• "If we are saved and have no sin in our lives"....so that leaves...no one??

Don't we all sin? We just try our best not to...that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I think you've confused me here Hinson, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• Yes it is impossible not to sin.What I think is important is the effort to be sinless.
    Alize26

Answer by Alize26 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yes we all sin but you have to ask for forgiveness every night weather you know you have sinned or not.. God does not look upon sin...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009