Lost Friends?

Shortly after becoming pregnant all of my " Friends" seemed to have faded away. And now it's been about 5 months since I've given birth and still they couldn't be bothered. I understand the different resposibilities we have now, but honestly c'mon. Has this happend to anyone else? What actions did you take?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• you find out who your true friends are obviously they're not
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• This is a hard pill to swallow, but your situation is like moving away. (You call a few times and then slowly people start to move on, or they just don't call you back.) You need to make some new mommy friends. *hugs*
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I lost a few of my friends after I had a baby, those are normally the friends that still want to hold on to the old life rather than grow up and become parents... and it's okay to let them go. This is the time to start making friends with other mommies, they understand the ups and downs you will go through, the responsibilities you now have, etc. You can make friends on here if you want, you are welcome to pm me.. also try going to the parks and other kid friendly areas in your town.. you'd be surprised how easy it is to strick up a conversation with another woman that has a kid your childs age.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• agrees with xxhazeldovexx..or even a mommy's yoga class..
    PrimeRib

Answer by PrimeRib at 3:33 PM on Mar. 14, 2009