when did you get your period back after having your bf kid?

i breastfed both my kids. with my first, i got my period 10 months after he was born. and now, my second is 1 yr old and still nursing and i have yet to recieve a visit from aunt flo. between pregnancies and nursing, i've had only 2 periods since may 2005! not that i'm complaining... but it does seem like i should've had one by now. and, no, i'm not pregnant. =)

pugmama

Asked by pugmama at 11:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did not get my period until 13 months after my 1st kid. I breastfed until then. I then got 1 period and got pregnant with #2 which is the current situation. I think as long as you are nursing you will not get it.... just enjoy not having it! :)
    IsaacMom2007

Answer by IsaacMom2007 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• your body changes after each child ... and with you still breast feeding could be why it hasnt made a visit yet . i breast fed all the kids as well and seems everytime the cycle changes . just hang in there really should be somethign your grateful for ...
    booboo32

Answer by booboo32 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• I got my period at 9 or 10 months post partum. We started introducing solids (slowly) at 8+ months, so then the period came back. Hooray... ; )
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• The average for exclusive BF moms is 14 months. I know people who didn't get it back until they weaned at about 2 yrs. It is usually a little later the older you get. With my first it was 8 months and with my second it was 11 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i got my period at 17 months and got pregnant 4 months later. :) now i'm nursing my 26 month old and almost 6 months pregnant
    Daisymae6

Answer by Daisymae6 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2009