• In the Spotlight:

Moving my baby and me-how to do it effortlessly?

I moved to NY 7 years ago to pursue a relationship that didn't work out. I wound up staying, and met my baby's father. We were togetherfor 5 years and we have an 8 month old daughter. We are no longer together (because of his ball busting, nosey mother and his tendency to be a momma's boy). My family in California is saying I should move back to be near the family. The problem? I would have to stay with my aunt until I could find an apt (my mom and dad are deceased, and my siblings are living with husbands/significant others). I have an apartment FULL of furniture, my stuff, the baby's stuff, etc.

How do I go about moving across the country with:

a. an 8 month old baby

b. all my stuff

I don't have a car, but I can afford a plane or train ticket.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, if you can afford it, I'd hire someone to move your stuff. Get rid of everything you don't really need, though. Having moved A LOT, both with moves and the uhaul thing, it's way less stressful to use movers, and that was doing a uhaul move WITHOUT children.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 11:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• why not rent a big uhual and drive over there, is there isnt a back seat in the uhual would a family member be willing to drive your baby or fly with her to your new hometown?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• You might also consider selling the "stuff" and starting fresh in CA.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2009