DH doenst think its funny...but I did

My DH is trying to put my DD to sleep right now, and he said..."I am going to count to three and if you dont lay down daddy is going to get up" Well he started counting, and when he got to three my DD said "4,5,6." I think that was hilarious and started laughing hard...she is only 17 months...anyone else think this is funny?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 11:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooo that is just too cute...what did ur hubby do?
    BBKMommy

Answer by BBKMommy at 11:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• yes my dd does that all the time and I cannot help but laugh.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• its funny but you shouldnt have laughed because it encourages her. but yeah its cute
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• He just got mad at me lol...told me not to laugh lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• did she lay down? did he get up?

he didn't tell her to not talk or not count, just told her to lay down
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• lol Yes!!!! Counting no longer works on my kids 3 and 4. DH always pulls the 1, 2, 21/4, 21/2, 23/4. I howl because once he gets to 2 now the kids start in on the 1/2's. Makes him so mad and I can't do anything but laugh! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• HILARIOUS!! Reminds me of when my daughter Sherrie was about 2 and I told her, "Sherrie, I'm not playing!" She looked at me and said, "PLAY!! PLAY MOMMY!" What could I do but crack up?
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• whenever i'm counting to 3, my son will yell "three!" for me. it's upsetting because i'd love for him to just do whatever i'm telling him to do. but it's pretty cute that he gets so excited because he knows what comes next. =)

also, like aprlmorgans said- the other day i said, "i'm not playing!" and he said, "but i wanna play!" =) *sigh*
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 12:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Counting to 3 works wonders on my older children who are 11yrs., 13yrs. & 15yrs. because they know if I start counting I mean business! :)
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i think that it's funny, i would be laughing as well but would try to do it where DD couldn't see/hear me.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 12:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2009