The best vacuum

I need a vacuum but I want a really good one I also have dogs. What is the best one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My vacuum is the Hoover Wind Tunnel.(with bag) I've had it for over 6 years and it still works great. I maintain it, so I expect many more years.

I suggest going to consumerreports.com and paying for a month's subscription to get their picks...it's worth it if you're going to spend $400 or so for an appliance.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I had one of those, I disagree...I now have a DYSON...it is the best. i use to babysit for someone that had one that specialty was pet hair. i have allergen one. there bagless too!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I have the dyson animal (the one on a ball). Its by far the best vacuum. You can easily clean the filter(about every 6mos) so you don't have a nasty smell every time you use it. You can go to youtube and see some armature customer vids. I've had mine for 4 years. I got it for around 350.00. I had a 20% off coupon from bed bath and beyond and they accepted it. I don't know if you shop there but they will send me a coupon about every month. I'm sure if you went to their website you can get on their mailing list. I also love how easy it is to clean bare floors. I don't ever use a broom. Like the commercials say " the only vacuum that doesn't loose suction". When I first bought it I thought it was comparable to my Rigid shop vac.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I agree with the dyson. I love mine.
    michelle1219

Answer by michelle1219 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I have a dyson dc 17 animal and love it! I think it's around $500, but my mom worked for dyson, so I got her family and friends discount. My mom said this was the best model in her opinion, and she was very familiar with all of the dyson models.
    Dysons have a 5 year warranty, compared to most vacuums that only offer a 1 year warranty. Plus, there are a lot of really cool attachments that you can purchase on the website.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 3:01 AM on Mar. 15, 2009