What to do next?

My daughter is getting ready to turn four years old this month. I had tried all the things said to do for potty training. Three different potty seats, charts, rewards, toys, ect. And still no luck. I am wondering if its time to seek advice from the doctor. All day she wants to wear pull-ups. If she is wet she tells me she needs to be changed. I mean what am I doing wrong? I let her pick her own big girl underwear out. I sit her on the potty but as soon as she gets off the potty and she pulls her pull-up up she uses the bathroom and wants to be changed. Any suggestions would be helpful I would love to stop buying pull-ups. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Health

• I would insist on big girl undies during the day, only use the pullups at night if you have to... I put a waterproof mattress pad on my sons bed and if I had to wash it everyday I did... I had to get him out of the habit of peeing in his pants.. Consistancy is the key.. I also put a potty chair right next to his bed so if he had to go anytime it was right there... I had one in the living room, bathroom, bedroom, I know it might sound silly but if shes going to be 4 I would try anything... GL, pm me if you need anything
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am potty training as well. It IS hard, but my advice to you is to stop using pull ups. They are just the diaper companies' way of prolonging the diaper process... hence..getting your money. [ In my opinion ] Just try and put her into big girl panties, that way she knows when she's wet or dirty. It will be a messy week or two, but it will be worth it in the long run!
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 2:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I would send her to preschool where she can see other children use the toilet.This will give you a break and she will gain independence.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 3:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• The only thing that worked with my very stubborn son was putting food coloring in the potty, it changes color when they pee on it. I know it sounds strange but it worked!
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 6:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2009