My son's poop and daughter's bowel movements...

My son has had black poop for awhile now and i'm a little concerned. Does anyone know why it's black? I know what he eats can change the color. He has like half a banana a day. Could that be doing it? And I also have a question about my daughter. She's 6 and a half months old and I know that it's normal for them to not have a bowel movement for a few days but is it normal if it's a normal schedule of not pooping 3 to 4 days? Is she not getting enough to eat or is this normal? Thank you! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Health

• I would call a nurse line about your children... We have one here its the Childrens hospital, 314-454-KIDS (5437) GL....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I think you should probably taste it to make an informed diagnosis. You see, when in doubt you need to taste it to make sure it does not have a bitter taste, if it does, then yes, there is something wrong.. so go ahead, taste and if it's bitter, you'd better call the Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I would feed her more fiber, but if you have tried that and it doesn't work I would see her pediatrician. My daughter is like that as well, you just have to feed them lots of vegetables and make sure they are getting enough fluids. But talk to your doctor!
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 2:07 AM on Mar. 14, 2009