beer while breastfeeding

is it okay to have 2 beers while breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes no more then 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• yes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It increases your supply nicely. But my doc told me to keep it to half a beer twice a day, and to only do it for no more than 3 days, that it wouldn't help after that anyway. Got me back to being able to EBF, and didn't seem to fizz on my son at all. 2 at a time I think would be too much, but then I'm a cheap drunk. I get rather tipsy from 2 beer, sad as that sounds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Don't know, I know that my best friend was BF during the time of her wedding and she wanted to have a few drinks at the reception so she said she was going to "pump and dump"

I assume she meant after drinking she was going pump her bm and toss it out and just use what bm se had frozen for that night. Not sure though.
    JC4everMommy

Answer by JC4everMommy at 2:27 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Not if you're going to feed soon after. You could always do a pump and dump if you have some stored up, but alcohol goes straight to the breastmilk unless you have time to wait. If you were to feed and then have a drink when you are finished, it should burn off if you have at least 2 hours before feeding......So why not, hell you deserve a drink if you're breastfeeding. This crap is hard!
    casperswife

Answer by casperswife at 3:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Also if you are worried and want to test how quickly your body processes the alcohol there are test strips for your milk called milkscreen. Just added peace of mind if you are concerned.
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 3:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• PUMPING AND DUMPING DOES NOTHING!!!

as long as alcohol is in your blood it will be in your milk. you can't get rid of the 'tainted milk'

that being said,the rule is, if you can drive - you can breastfeed =)
    Veela

Answer by Veela at 11:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• 2? Sure. More then that, I'd wait 2-3 hrs per drink before nursing again.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 14, 2009