Anyone have any cute ideas for a jungle or safari themed room for baby?

I decided not to do the primary color thing, that idea faded really fast. But I did find the cutest border in a safari/jungle theme and I loved it! The colors are light brown and dark brown, and light green and dark green. Anyone have any suggestions or maybe even pics of there little ones jungle or safari room?

jdrae13

Asked by jdrae13 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• go to olivekids.com they have really nice things for kids.and pictures and ideas that you can get from there sites..hope that helped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I went to walmart.com and typed in jungle in the search...there was SO MUCH cute stuff! I would send you the links but there are way too many lol. So just go there and type in jungle and also safari and tons of amazing things will pop up!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• When my son was just born I got really creative. He didn't have a jungle theme necessarily but he had an overall outdoor theme. I painted and sponged leaves on the ceiling in one corner of his room and even went on to paint leaves on the adjoining walls, kind of like a tree draping over the corner. I then went and bought a long wooden pole like 6-7 " diameter and long enough to go from floor to ceiling. I wedged it right in the center of the leaves and put little hook screws in no neccessary pattern and hung all the stuffed animals he hacd (they almost always come with a ribbon tied around their necks) It came out awesome.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Gigi, that sounds like such a cute idea. I would love to see pics sometime if you have any! Thanks for the idea.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• His room has slowly been morphed into a dinosaur room but the tree part is still on the wall, I just thought of taking pics on my Dig. camera and as usual, batteries are dead. : ( I never thought of posting pics of this so I never took any on the dig. camera. So that I could upload.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I painted my son's room a two tone tan color because I like to change things often & I knew that I could leave the color for other ideas. I bought his bedding in the jungle theme & then I bought dark wood photo frames & then printed out some jungle photos on "photo paper". Then I got his lamp with all jungle animals on it, jungle light switch, curtains, & pillows etc. I posted a wooden ladder in the corner of his room & painted it in "leopard print" where I could place all his safari animals on the ladder for display. You could also do this with wall shelves!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• you could do a green or brown on the bottom and a light blue on top with the safari boarder in the middle to break it up.. and accessorize :).. see above for good ideas there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• A friend of mine is using a CUTE jungle theme and she found her bedding and lamps, etc at Burlington Coat Factory. Don't know if you have one close to you. It was brown, green, yellow, not primary colors.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 6:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2009