Should I cut my son's hair?

HIs dad wants to wait until he's a year but his fro is out of control lol. I'm afraid that in another 4 months he will have dreadlocks. Should I wait or say screw him and do it?

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 1:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• HAHA I love you! Thanks for the laughs before bed. see ya tomorrow. Hopefully it will start a little better than today did! And tell Jayce I love his curls, but I'd love to piss his daddy off!
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 2:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• umm....looks like you should have cut it alont time ago lol. TOO CUTE!!!! Dont cut it too much though...youll miss it lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:38 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• BTW- MY DH says your son is "cute" lol, and he doesnt say that about many babies!!
    Mikayla_lynn

• I think it's whatever you and dad want to do. My oldest son was 3 1/2 before he got his first haircut. He had long Shirley Temple curls and was called a girl all the time. My husband decided it was time for a hair cut then. My 2 other boys were around 2 1/2 or so before they got their first hair cuts- again, long curly hair I just hated to cut off.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• lol awww thanks and tell him I said thanks. I plan on keeping him for a while b/c I think he's pretty cute. Believe me when I say I wanted to cut it a while ago! His dad really wants to wait until a year old but it's getting to the point where he looks like a girl lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• If my son's hair was that beautiful, I would NEVER cut it. His just has soft waves at the bottom and I can't even bear to cut those little curls off. So I'm probably not the best one to ask about this.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• OMG! I just seen the picture. I couldn't cut it. He is too damn cute! My son has a friend with a fro that is huge and I LOVE it. I guess it's coming back in style? Even with all the hair, your son still looks like a boy to me. I wouldn't cut it.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• lol his dad will be so happy with these answers. I do love the curls in the morning but toward like 12 it's another story lol...I more than likely will give his dad this one b/c I think it will really make him mad if I do it.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• What a handsome little man! Don't cut it just yet!!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2009