Recovery? -

Just curious if anyone on cafemom is in recovery from drugs/alcohol?

If so, share some of your experience -

- I have been getting high since i was 11 - started with pot & lead to using heroin & coke at the age of 13 - Have overdosed, been in trouble, homeless & unmanageable because of it - Went to rehab 3 times & finally the fourth time at the age of nineteen - I moved to a recovery house & attended meetings daily -
So as of today i just turned 21 & have been clean for almost two years - I have my own apartment with my boyfriend & im expecting a little girl by the name of mayah noelle - I go to beauty school and plan to open my own hair salon one day - I have goals & principals today & i dont settle for less with my life - Im caring & honest today & still attend meetings daily.

I havent had a drug or a drink since 7 - 7 - 07!

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 1:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just wanted to say, CONGRATULATIONS!

You should be very proud of yourself! My hat is off to you, and I wish you, your bf, and your little one all the best :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• 7707...isnt the number symbol or whatever thingy for god 777? weird!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

I use to be a major pill popper back in high school, didn't make it to rehab, actually started studying meditation, and was able to overcome it alone after 6 months worth of time.. I did other drugs on and off, but never got addicted to those. What got me into meditation? The stomach pains I was experiencing, that ended in a doctors office. I had Ulsers. So it was either quit, or suffer physical pain everyday.. so I had to find another way to deal with my emotional pain, so that I could get help dealing with my now physical pain. Been clean from pills for 5 years.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• That is impressive ladies. Seriously, congratulations.
    I was a prescription drug abuser, smoked cigarettes and pot. One day I decided I was going to quit. And I did, that day. I was 15. I started smoking again when I was 17, then I got pregnant and quit again, then I started after I miscarried. Then on my 19th birthday I was done again. That was 4 and a half years ago, and I have smoked one cigarette since. When my daughter was in the hospital with RSV and they had to give her an IV in her head. The doctor recommended I go outside, so I went outside with hubby and smoked. I hated it!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Way to go momma to be. Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. I thought I had a small drinking problem when I was in high school. I started drinking when I was 13 and then when I went to high school most of my friends drank too. Several of them went to rehab and started going to meetings and I thought since I was drinking with them all the time that I had a really bad problem too. It turned out that most of them were drinking all the time and I was only drinking socially with them and I didn't have the same problem as them, but I started going to meetings anyway and they really did help me. I've been around a lot of people who are/were (some are deceased now b/c of it) alcoholics and I've seen first hand how it ruins lives. I still don't drink very often because I just really don't like it that much and now I take lots of prescription medications for medical problems and I shouldn't drink while taking them.

brwneyedgirl314

Answer by brwneyedgirl314 at 3:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• congratulations

Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 6:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I am a recovering heroin/crack/cocaine addict. I went onto the methadone program for almost 5 years and it saved my life! I have been clean for almost 4 years, and have been off of the methadone program for 2 months. Congrats to you :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• You go girl. Your child is your most important thing right now. I am so happy that you have high aspirations and goals for yourself.Don't look back and reach for the best that life has to offer such a young , smart girl.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 14, 2009