How do I get my toddler to stop playing with her poop?

We have been trying to potty train our 2 year old for about 6 months now (she wanted to use the potty) She will pee in the potty most of the time, but she won't poop in it. The last few months she has been taking off her poopy diapers and trying to clean herself up. NOW though she has decided to PAINT everything from her walls to her toys to herself with the poop. This only happens during her nap time or first thing in the morning. I've tried getting her to poop in the potty before naps but she holds it in, I've tried explaining but she just doesn't get it. (of course, she JUST turned 2 last week) I have tried everything I can think of, backwards diapers, backwards pajama's, putting a potty in her room, I took her toys away not as punishment but because we were having to throw so many away it was my attempt to save her toys. She is still taking off her diaper and playing in her poop!

I need some suggestions please!!!

JC4everMommy

Asked by JC4everMommy at 2:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We dubbed ours the Picaso of poo poo. Girl I totally know what you are going through. The only thing that helped us, cuz she did it in the morning every morning before we woke up, was to set the alarm and get up before her. So I guess my advice would be to get up before her , and check on her often during nap time. Gl
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 6:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2009