My 20 month old won't eat anything, I have taken him to the doc's office and he said that my son is gaining weight .I also told him thta since my baby won't eat. I give him pedia sure.. He is not talking but is babbling like he has a lot too say. Any suggestions?

berriepie

Asked by berriepie at 4:56 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you're just worried that he's not getting full and that he might still be hungry you can give him some infant cereal mixed into warm milk or whatever liquid you use for him. They always say not to worry about how much they're eating as long as they're gaining the proper weight because they do have the natural instinct to eat if they're hungry, they won't let themselves starve. Keep trying to give him food often so he always has an opportunity to eat if he wants, and keep trying different kinds of foods - most kids at that age are very picky. With him babbling but not talking, my son used to do that exact same thing at about 20 months. He used to say all these words that you had no clue what they meant, and he would say it over and over! Like he was really saying something, he was just sure of it and couldn't understand why I wasn't answering him! But then one day he just started with more and more words and eventually sentences! Good luck, I hope some of this helps!
    BeckNAiden

Answer by BeckNAiden at 8:00 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Dont worry about the weight, if he is gaining weight normally there is no problem. what you may want to think about though is correct healthy eating. If you are trying to make him eat, it may end up with bad eating habits :-( Just food for thought *ork ork*
    As for the babbling, I had a child who babbled until he was 3! then one day he decided to speak the same language as the rest of us...Now we cant shut him up!!! LOL *sigh*
    turtle68

Answer by turtle68 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• sorry thats "He" may end up... Not "it" ...sorry
    turtle68

Answer by turtle68 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 20, 2008