HELP !HES TRYING TO SET ME UP WITH HIS FRIENDS.

I WENT TO PICK MY SON UP FROM HIS FATHERS . WHEN I GOT THERE HE WAS EATING SO I SAT AROUND TALKING TO HIM, HIS NEW WIFE AND HIS FRIEND. AFTER A FEW MIN. OF MY EX AND HIS WIFE TRYING TO DRAG ME AND THIS GUY INTO A CONVERSATION I EXCUSED MY SELF FOR A SMOKE. MY EX CAME OUT AND ASKED WHAT I THOUGHT OF HIS FRIEND. I SAID HE WAS NICE GRABED MY 16MO OLD AND LEFT. WHEN I CALLED HIM AND ASKED WHY HE WAS TRYING TO SET ME UP HE SAID IT WAS BECAUSE HE FEELS BAD THAT IM ALONE & THAT HE WANTS ME TO BE HAPPY ? (HE DUMPED ME WHEN I WAS 5 MO PREGNANT GOT MARRIED THE MONTH BEFORE I HAD MY SON. SO IVE GOT SOME TRUST ISSUES ) WE WERE FRIENDS FIRST SO WERE TRYING TO BE FRIENDS AGAIN. HOW DO I EXPLAIN TO HIM WITHOUT MAKING HIM FEEL BAD THAT I FEEL BROKEN AND BITTER WHEN IT COMES TO MEN THAT AFTER WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN US I DONT KNOW IF I WANT TO WASTE ANY ENERGY/TIME ON DATING WHEN I COULD SPEND IT ON MY SON ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• it sounds like he feels guilty, because he knows this was a horrible thing to do, and that a real man wouldn't have handled it the way he did. So, if he can get you fixed up, then he doesn't have to feel bad. If it works out for you, great - his conscience is clear, and if it doesn't, again - it's clear, because "then obviously the problem is you" sort of thing.

I would tell him nicely but in a firm way that when you feel like you are comfortable trusting men enough to date again, you will be more than able to find one on your own. There's nothing wrong with saying that while you hope, for your child's sake, you can be friends, you're sure he can appreciate why you don't want or trust his relationship advice, considering how he chose to handle his own.

You deserve better than to have your ex try to hook you up because he feels guilty for screwing you over!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I would take it as a compliment,that he set you up.It would be good for you to just let loose and have fun during this stressful time but I know how awkward that must be! Maybe you and this new guy couldd meet somewhere else like go out for a movie..sorry I'm jealous..I love my husband still,could never walk away from him either but if he did that to me I think you should dump him and move on...Hugs!
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 3:18 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• What sailorwifenmom said.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 6:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• D I T T O TO Sailorwifenmom!!!!!

Cica

Answer by Cica at 8:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• If you're trying not to hurt his feelings, then I'd just tell him that you aren't into set-ups and that you will find men to date on your own. He doesn't need to know he gave you trust issues or anything like that. He doesn't even need to know you don't date.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Tell him that right now the only man you want to be seeing is your son because he's the only one right now that needs and is most deserving of your love. If you went out with some other guy right now, it would be wasting your precious time and you obviously don't feel like dealing with anymore drama.
    PrimeRib

Answer by PrimeRib at 2:05 PM on Mar. 14, 2009