3 week old son LOTS of spit up

Today my son woke up and was spitting up yellow stuff then all day was the most spit up I have ever seen is that normal?

ash01131990

Asked by ash01131990 at 2:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Because of the color and amount I would say your baby has acid reflux. You should get that checked out by her doctor.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I agree that it could be acid reflux, does your baby cry when he spits up? or seem uncomfortable? It's easily remedied just go to your doctor if it continues and he'll give you something for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Sounds like reflux to me too. Don't take our word on it though. Mention it to your pedi; they usually will just have you give him a tad bit of cereal to help him out.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Are you BF or FF? If FF I would try a different formula, and if you're BF he could be lactose intolerant. My son was and I had to stop eating dairy and switch to Lactaid milk and it helped a ton. The way you find out is stop eating/drinking dairy for TWO weeks and see if it improves. If it does, it's most likely from the milk. If you're FF I would try Similac Sensitive. It's milk based but lactose free
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• It sounds like reflux which could be a soy, milk or both sensitivity. They put my daughter on meds for it and put her on neocate infant formula which is $45 a can and her reflux is so much better...
    proudmom89

Answer by proudmom89 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 15, 2009