i have a rash...how do i get rid of it?????? =[

its my very first rash ever and its on my inner thigh, it was just the size railroad smashed penny,& it started going away after about 4 days having it, it got a bruised color and i got worried, my fiance said it was just going away, but last night it itched so bad i couldn't help myself i scratched it ridiculously and then went to sleep, when i woke up i still had the railroad size bruise colored inside but it was surrounded by a light red outline of about a one inch border. it itches like crazy and im freaking out about it. please tell me this is something that will go away. its got me really worried

yours.truly

Asked by yours.truly at 2:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Health

• if you are that worried then i would call er or something if its been days and you still have it its bruising itchying lining in red....

maybe its ring worm... idk but ring worm is contagious extremely... i would go to the ER....
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I would check to see if you can see puncture marks somewhere in the "rash". It almost sounds like a bug or a spider bite to me--I had a nasty spider bite when I was in high school that was somewhat similar to what you are describing. If its a spider bite, there should be TWO puncture marks, close together. A bug bite should only have ONE puncture mark. Until you can discover whats causing it, try over the counter cortisone cream (any pharmacy will carry it) and apply an ice compress for a few minutes to help with the inflammation. If the rash gets bigger (a trick doctors and nurses use is to take a sharpie or a pen, and draw a border around the rash--check again after a couple hours, and you will be able to see if its gotten bigger/spread) or changes color, temperature, or you start feeling nauseous or feverish, I would call the doctor right away. Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 2:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• sounds like ring worm

i had that once on my shoulder and was just like what you are describing

go to walmart and get some athletes foot cream and put it on it every 4-6 hours for a few days

it will be gone and the itch will stop right away
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Sounds like ringworm to me as well.

I had it on my face...it just kept getting bigger and bigger.

And it was slightly raised with a red border.

And, oh, it itched.

Stop scratching...that's what causes it to spread. And it IS contagious, wash all your clothing thourougly after you wear it and get some Lamisil or Lotrimin from Target or somewhere like that and see if it helps.
    Also, you might want to call your Doc, just in case it isn't ringworm, you know?
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 10:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2009