TMI TMI TMI please tell me if this is normal or if i need to see a doctor!

i had blood in my stool like actually IN it not just smeared on it and it was thick and dark red but there wasnt a LOT of it just a noticable enough! noticable enough that i reached in and broke it apart and sure enough it was INSIDE to poop! i know, thats really gross, i washed my hands and whatnot but i did it because it actually freaked me the fuck out!! is this a pregnancy thing im 8 weeks or is it something else?????? is it bad?????? please help any suggestions or something please????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hun dont stress out too much everything should be ok as long as you get yourself checked out it should be fine!!! Im very dissapointed in everyone saying stuff to scare the living fuck out of this girl seriously it would of been fine to just tell her to go get it checked as soon as she can worrying her like that isnt going to help her, plus by the sounds of it she is worrying alot herself. And its NOT good for her baby for her too worry and stress alot and it wouldnt be good for anything else that is wrong so next time someone asks something like this DONT freak out at them just advise them to get it checked out!!!!!!!
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 4:39 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• This is NOT a pregnancy thing. Blood in the stool is a sign of a bacterial infection in the stomach or an ulcer. Either it would be a VERY good idea to contact you health care provider immediately!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• well id prolly go to er its quicker n they do very detailed exams to find out the problem asap. i was preg, had a miss carriage about a week ago, this is deff not normal.... but deff go to the doc asap, if u had anything medical wise done such as a procedure you could be hemoraging.... wish u luck!
    HolleyT

Answer by HolleyT at 2:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I recommend ER or Urgent Care. Anon is right. You may have an ulcer or a stomach infection. Neither is a good situation under normal circumstances, but while pregnant, they are especially bad news.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i would definitely go to the doctor asap. my friend had that happen to her (no a pregnancy sign at all) and it was internal bleeding caused by an ulcer.
    yours.truly

Answer by yours.truly at 3:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• shit so this is bad isnt it??? my mom said she can take me to the er tomorrow evening i hope my baby is ok!!! im so scared!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I apologise to those who didnt freak her out!!
    Mumma07

Answer by Mumma07 at 4:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Don't get yourself in a huge uproar. My daughter who is 3 has been vomitting blood and pooping blood since she was 10 months old... The pooping of blood was caused by her ulcers in her stomach, which then the blood would pool around, and it would either come out in her vomit, or in her poop. I would call your doctor, let them know what is going on... and see what they say. These people aren't medical perfessionals, they were just telling you to go to the er. But don't panic, that will just put more stress on your body, which you really don't need!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Oh yes, and ulcers aren't going to kill you or anything!! They can treat them, my daughters have been gone now for a long time!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• i agree go ahead and get checked out as soon as you can also good rule to follow if you EVER question if you should go to the dr then go because it may be the right choice better safe then sorry on al accounts weither its pregnancy or not right ... good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2009