is my son a monster???

i hung out with a friend that has a 2yr old today (same age as my son) and he acts completely different. he's not nearly as wild as my son. it makes me think that im going to have a really rough time raising mine. is it just me? or does anyone else have this problem???

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 3:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sometimes it's the quiet ones who end up being the wild ones when they hit the teen years, and the loud ones who tame down later on. Hard to say, but there is no such thing as a perfect child.Don't worry, just observe what your friend does to keep her son calmer. No red dyes in foods? Organic foods? Minimal sugar? Maybe more discipline? I would observe and copy or ask her to give you some pointers.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 3:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't stress it. Children are SO different from each other! I agree with PP, if it is that much of a concern, you may want to adapt some of her parenting styles.

My DD is very outgoing and loves other kids. She is very vocal and into everything. I have a friend who's son is a few months older, and is very quiet and well behaved, but won't interact with other children. He hides by his mommy's legs unless he is in his own environment (his house). Nothing is wrong with either child--they are different children doing different things.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Mine is just like this too, it used to really scare me so I know where your coming from. Try to find a way to harness all of that energy and outgoingness in a positive way, it's very helpful.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 12:27 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My husband have never been violent towards eachother and for some reason when my son gets around other kids he bullys them so bad and hes only 2! He will push them if they get too close to me and they will fall on the ground as a result. He has slapt another little boy just for the hell of it befor and I dont get it. My husband and I rough house with him but nothing to the extreme. It doesnt matter how big the other child is, he thinks hes invinsible. So if you think your sons a monster Im scared to know what you think about my son lol. I think they will be ok.
    Anonymous