Team moms for childs sports team

So I have been volunteered to be team mom of my sons baseball team this year. I was a teacher for 13 yrs so I have no problem with it all, infact i love being involved. So what does it entitle and what is the best way for comunication with the parents and what type of things do u do? Anything is helpful! I have some ideas, but I want to be great not good

determind

Asked by determind at 7:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• As a team mom, all you are supposed to do is facilitate communication if needed between the coaches and the parents, set up a SIMPLE snack schedule if that is done in the sport your child is playing, and arrange for the coaches gift at the end of the year if that is customary in your sport/area. Honestly, it should be seen as a service position to just do what is necessary. Trying to do too much more than that, or if you see it as a personal networking position for yourself, will be more likely to lead to problems for you. I have seen it happen several times. Keep it simple. Being a team mom isn't really a place to try to put yourself in the spotlight! See what the coach needs help with....(handing out picture forms, letting everyone know when the end of the season pizza party is....whatever).
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2009