What do you hate worse about changing a diaper?

I used to not mind changing my DD diaper and enjoyed doing it for the bonding time, but now I hate it b/c she will not stay still. I hate changing her b/c she moves so much, grabs at herself, grabs at her diaper, kicks her legs. Whenever she poops, she always makes the biggest mess while I'm changing her b/c she won't stay still.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 8:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I always found that singing, quieted my kids while I was changing them... they want to hear what you're saying... especially if it's in a soft voice.  Smile a lot too.  Laugh and play with their nose lol.  Good luck!

I hated the messy ones that were hard to clean up. lol... Keep a ton of wipes or toilet tissue handy for that! :D

Cica

Answer by Cica at 8:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• The thing I hate the worst is chasing him down...
    AligirlP

Answer by AligirlP at 10:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• lol ... my daughter will not stay still either! shes 9 weeks ... soon as i lay her on her table its like that starts her motor! she WILL NOT stop moving !!!! ... her legs , her arms , her whole damn body ! LOL .... i thought it was b/c i turn the light on (she has the back bedroom and its darker in the back) ... but even if i do it in the dark she moves the whole time ... half the time her diaper isnt on all the way lol ... than wen i finally get her diaper off and lay the new one underneath (shes good wen i wipe her , im about to just dump wipes all over the table maybe shell stop!! LOL) she moves out of it!! i went to fasten it one day and it wouldnt fit around her -- wHY? -- well cuz she moves all the way off it , and it was only on one cheek! lol ... my son used to scoot back wen my dad changed him , lol ... hes scoot the whole bed or floor lol .. after a few times my dad said hed NEVER CHANGE THAT DAMN BOY AGAIN! lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• My daughter started doing that, then I swatted her on her bare butt, and it really doesn't happen anymore. I don't like spanking but all of that wiggling and diaper pulling during changing time is not okay. I just bit the bullet and now the problem is resolved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I'm not a fan of poopy cloth.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• Once DD hit about a year and was finally mobile (started crawling 2 weeks before her first bday) she wriggled all OVER the place. I finally discovered a great rememdy! Stickers!! I tell her, "Okay, mama, time for a diaper change! You want a sticker?" And she will walk back to her bedroom, take the sticker, and Im then free to changer her :~) It works at keeping her still 85% of the time.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 1:54 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I hate it all, getting the diapers, the wipes, chasing them down, getting them to be still, trying to wrestle with them to not undo the tabs...then knowing it's going to happen all over again. oh & my son taking off his diaper & peeing on the filing cabinet. Yah I have two kids in diapers (actually three if you count my three year old is in diapers at night time) & I'm having another any day now. We will have four kids under four, not planned that way mind you, I was on low dose birth control (setting the alarm so I took it at the exact same time every day), nursing exclusively, & using condoms for back up protection ( ONE broke, just one) and I have two kids that are exactly 10 months apart to the day! We love them all & wanted them all, just not this close together. Our last we planned because we didn't want to have 3 so close in age & then have 1 several years younger. But yah, I hate every part of of diaper changes!
    naomianne2

Answer by naomianne2 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 14, 2009

• I hate chasing him! I change him standing up now and it works pretty well. Well it works for me, no one else can get the hang of it, like my husband. lol. Singing helps to but about 40% of the time he starts singing to and that defeats the purpose when he gets up and starts dancing!
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 12:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2009